The following are required to register:
- Identification (current driver’s license, birth certificate, or passport)
- High school diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Initial payment for registration and tuition fees (accepted forms of payment include cash, personal checks, and all major credit cards.) Students receiving financial aid (e.g. NJ unemployment, etc.) or who have a student loan should bring documentation of such when registering.
Requirements / Competencies Prior to Enrollment
- All students must be at least seventeen (17) years of age on or before the first day of class.
- Students must possess a High School Diploma or a General Education Development (G.E.D.) Diploma.
The following items and information are a subset of requirements in order to become licensed as a Home Inspector in New Jersey and are requirements for enrollment:
- Social Security Number
- Proof of Citizenship / Immigration Status
Federal law limits the issuance or renewal of professional or occupational licenses or certificates to U.S. citizens or qualified aliens.
- Lack of any medical condition which may prohibit an applicant from practicing as a Home Inspector.