Do you currently hold an out-of-state Home Inspection License and want to be a Licensed Home Inspector in NJ?
WE OFFER THE NJ OUT of STATE HOME INSPECTION COURSE (40 Hour Make-Up) as a HYBRID CLASS
HYBRID CLASSES are classes that can be taken remotely (via ZOOM) or students can choose to be physically in the classroom (STUDENTS CHOICE).
NJ Academy of Home Inspectors meets today’s challenges to seamlessly educate our students whether it’s in the classroom or remotely.
IT’S ALL ABOUT CHOICES, THAT’S THE NJAHI® ADVANTAGE!
REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED TILL FURTHER NOTICE
The below is the requirements from the New Jersey SOP. What this means is any out of state licensed Home Inspector who wants to become a licensed NJ Home Inspector must complete an 180 home inspector course, comprised of 140 hours of classroom training and 40 hours of field based inspections, performed under the direct supervision of a licensee. Any shortage of hours in the class training or training inspections will need to be completed at an NJ approved school. Candidates may also take the entire course at a NJ approved school.
- Pass the National Home Inspector Examination administered by EBPHI. If you have previously passed the National Home Inspector Examination, you do not have to take it again. If your state had you take a different test in addition to the hours needed you will have to take the National Home Inspector Examination.
- Secure an errors & omissions insurance policy in the minimum amount of $500,000.00 per occurrence;
- Submit a complete and notarized home inspector application to the Home Inspection Advisory Committee (the “Committee”), and pay the $125.00 application fee
- Upon Committee approval, submit a $500.00 license fee which is valid for two (2) years.
13:40-15.21 REQUIREMENTS FOR LICENSURE AS A HOME INSPECTOR BY COMITY
a) Any person with a valid registration, certification, or license issued by another state or possession of the United States or the District of Columbia may, upon the submission of an application provided by the Committee and payment of the fee in N.J.A.C. 13:40-15.23, be issued a license as a home inspector, provided that:
1) The education, training, and examination requirements in such other jurisdiction are substantially equivalent to those required by the Committee at the time of application;
2) The prior State licenses relied upon must be current, active, and in good standing; and
3) The person secures and maintains an errors and omissions insurance policy, in the minimum amount of $500,000 per occurrence.
NJ Home Academy of Home Inspectors offers the Out-of-State “MAKE UP” training needed to fulfill the NJ Home Inspector Licensing Requirement. The cost is $1,600.00 and must be paid before the start of class. The course is 14 hours a week for 3 weeks.
NEXT CLASS IS JUNE 5th – REGISTRATION NOW OPENED
Call us at (732) 649-3141 to find out MORE!
Alternate Contact numbers are (908) 552-1897 for Nick & (732) 266-6620 for Vincent
TO REGISTER, CLICK THE ABOVE LINK & DOWNLOAD THE REGISTRATION FORM. FILL THE FORM OUT IN IT’S ENTIRETY, SCAN INTO A PDF (NO CELL PHONE PIC) & EMAIL TO email@example.com